Monday, February 8, 2010

Leaving the Country Update

Whew, THAT was a long title! I really didn't know what else to call it though and as I stated in my previous post, I am tired:-). Some of you have been following along every step of the way and some have given up long ago. Well, who could blame them! We have been trying to get overseas permanently for about 7 years now:-).
Things are looking up though:-). We are scheduled to be appointed as missionaries in March. Two weeks later James will pack his stuff and say goodbye to his co-workers... then we get to the fun stuff. Crating. Oh, crating. I have spent hours thinking of what we should take and what we should leave. Have made many lists. Have lost much sleep. Okay, maybe not missed much sleep but it really feels like I could:-). I think I have it worked out and have made the "final draft" of the list. Now, we have a section of the living room marked off in order to see if the things we want to take will actually fit into the space we are allotted. Oh the joy! Really, though, this is a joy I could do without! Though I am thankful they let us take some things, I wish they would just decide and pack it for me:-). Wouldn't that be nice!
Back to the schedule. IF everything goes according to plan(how often does that really happen?) then we will leave KY in the middle of March to visit friends and family! Then, at the end of April we will be going to orientation/training for 8 weeks in Va. After that, we head out to Costa Rica for a year in language school. Then, we will finally be ready to go to Ecuador! Yes, you saw correctly... I said Ecuador. See what I mean about "plans". They have changed our job and actually we couldn't be more thrilled about it. The area we will be going to is one that we visited while we where in Ecuador almost two years ago. When we were there we both thought how we'd love to go to that area, but there was no work going on there at that time. But isn't God's timing amazing! There are so many incredible things that have fallen into place in the last few weeks that I don't have time to list them all, but perhaps one day...
Until then... be encouraged,God knows every detail of every situation you may find yourself in. He knows your worries even before you do... He also knows how things can best be worked out so that in the end He will receive the glory for it. May it be so in your life, through exciting times... and not so exciting times. May you continually give Him praise, and honor, and glory!!

~Heather

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High. Psalm 7.17

No comments: